
The other day I realized that my membership card to our exclusive big box shopping club was missing. I had it the last time I visited there, so I figured I must have left it there. When I went back in and told a nice lady that I thought I left my card there she said "Oh, it would have been shredded if it was left here, I'll have to give you a new one". I thought it was strange that they would shred the cards rather than just give them back but oh well, That's their business. The lady had me look into a little camera on the computer and several minutes later she handed me my new card. I was surprised and delighted to see that the exclusive big box shopping club was promoting Star Wars. I don't know why they chose to promote a 30 year old film, but there on the back of my "collectible" card was a picture of Jabba the Hutt.
I was a little disappointed that I got Jabba, I mean Han Solo was always my favorite but I'm not a complainer (probably related to being a middle child) so I took it. A lifetime of getting what I got, not what I want, has taught me to enjoy what I have. Wait a minute......That's not a picture of Jabba...that is.... ME. Well, it's the angle of the camera combined with a new haircut and bad lighting and; I can see why they shred the cards now, I wouldn't want to look at those pictures either.
I was a little disappointed that I got Jabba, I mean Han Solo was always my favorite but I'm not a complainer (probably related to being a middle child) so I took it. A lifetime of getting what I got, not what I want, has taught me to enjoy what I have. Wait a minute......That's not a picture of Jabba...that is.... ME. Well, it's the angle of the camera combined with a new haircut and bad lighting and; I can see why they shred the cards now, I wouldn't want to look at those pictures either.
Hilarious. This is why I wanted you to write your own blog. You really don't look like Jabba in real life--if only your parents had gifted you with a neck at birth.
ReplyDeleteI want a neck too! Darn these neckless genes.
ReplyDelete