Sunday, September 27, 2009
Eating Out, Will Power Success Story!
Due to a growing waistline, slowing metabolism and shrinking bank account I decided, with the help of my wife and doctor, that I would only eat out once a month. (Actually my doctor, who is disgustingly lean and fit, and who I secretly hope dies of a heart attack, suggested I not eat out at all). This was a tough resolution for me to keep, until I had an Epiphany. When I had already eaten out one month, but I really wanted to eat out again, I asked myself "what is the difference between eating out once a month; and eating out twice this month and not at all the next month". Of course the answer was "nothing", in the grand scheme of things it is the same. With careful book keeping I could keep my resolution and still eat out that day. Since I gained this insight, and the added flexibility that it brought, I haven't had a problem keeping my resolution. The funny thing is that I haven't noticed a change in my waistline, or my bank account. In fact my waistline is still growing and my bank account is shrinking faster if anything. I'm pretty sure that this is just an anomaly that will work itself out. I'm sure with a little patience, I will begin reaping the rewards of my new found self control. The only down side I can think of is that "technically" I can't go out to eat again until June of 2024, actually typing this post has made me a little hungry, make that July of 2024.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Travis, you have failed to mention that I have nagged you to make better food choices and quantity choice, like, eating at All-you-can eat KFC, or maybe just getting a 3 piece meal at KFC. Ha. Or perhaps never going back there again. I love you just the way you are.
ReplyDeletekeep up the good work. We are also trying not to eat out as much so now we deep fry at home. As a result, there are no shrinking waistlines here. We'll do better next month.
ReplyDelete